Sunday, March 2, 2008

It was a success!

As I reflect on the events of the past weekend, I am filled with a sense of joy and fulfillment. The past weekend River City Artists had their Winter Art Sale. I have been working on this project since the beginning of December and to have it finally come to fruition and be a success for the studio and the community gives me a gush of joy. I am grateful for the opportunities to bring joy into the lives of other artists and the public through art. This is my calling and I embrace it will all my soul.

I was also able to attend the opening reception for fellow artists and friends Traci Bittner and Scott Borcherding. Two truly talented people and I am glad to call them friends. If you are in Mason City, IA over the next month, stop by Toast Bar on North Federal Ave. and take a look.

Today, I developed a new project idea on my drive back to Minneapolis, the drives give me hours to think about art. The installation will be developed more after I wrap up my latest painting project. As I am taking the night off, a much needed rest, I will begin tomorrow the daunting task of completing six new oil painting in ten days to complete my portfolio to submit for my graduate school application.

Look for them to be posted towards the end of March.

No comments: