Friday, June 20, 2008

Ready, set, GO!

Today was the official start of my graduate program and what a day it was. I have meet some wonderful people in my class and have seen some great work by all of the graduate students. What a diverse and interesting group of people.

One of the students in my class lives with her family in Thailand, she is from the US. Another if from French speaking Canada. Found out another guy is from Minneapolis. One traveled from Alaska and the list goes on.

Had to give a small introductory talk about my art and where I hope to go with it. I am starting to formulate the direction of my work and research for the fall.

Listened to 4 of the graduating students talk today and got a feel of what I am working towards. I am really excited about things so far, however tomorrow we get in to the critiques and that can get ugly but honest.

Will report back soon.


TO ART!!!! CHEERS!!

1 comment:

Trish said...

Go Jeff,

I am glad you are enjoying meeting people and learning. Have a good time in school.

Lovya, Aunt Pat