Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Where is the motivation...

I am getting ready for my grad school application and I am feeling blocked. Ok, maybe not blocked but at least lacking motivation. I know it is the usual creative hang-up, however I need to work out of it. It wont be long and I will need to be submitting my info. So, I am working on a few other pieces for the upcoming River City Artists Winter Art Sale.

What I need one of my biggest fans to work by my side. Who is my youngest son, Evan. On occasion he is with me at the studio while I am painting, working on his own pieces. There are times I notice in my periphery vision that he is not working but watching me. It energizes me. He tells me, "Dad you are really good. I hope I can be good like you someday." I reply, "making art is not always easy, so you need to practice." I finish with, "you are great!," and I hang his latest work on my wall.

Ok, I am feeling a bit more energized thinking about the last time I painted with Evan. Gotta go. Time to make art!

No comments: